I know this is a little bit last-minute, but y'all should totally check out CENTRAL PLAINS FUR CON
coming up this weekend (November 5th-8th
) in Wichita, KS
This is its third year and, if they aren't able to boost their attendance, it may be their LAST!!COOL PERKS OF THE CONVENTION INCLUDE:
- FREE Dealers Den tables
- FREE Artist Alley tables (which are numerous & almost always available!)
- FREE buffet-style meals provided by the hotel (for all hotel guests)
- Fursuit parade, fursuit games, fursuiter auctions, etc.!
- Dances every night!
- Traditional Picasso's Pizza run
where groups of folks go to get DELICIOUS GIANT PIZZA SLICES
- Awesome staff~ BD
- AND MOAR???YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
- If you've ever been interested in furries/anthros/animals
- If you've ever played Furcadia, SecondLife, etc.
- If you've ever wondered what furries were really like
- If you are local and are desperate for more nerd conventions
- If you are awkward and shy and want to make new friends
- If you are NOT awkward or shy, and still want to make new friends
- If you like to PARTY HARD (seriously, furries are the best party crowd alive)
- If you like to ~party soft~
(because there are definitely a lot of chill peeps in the crowd, too!)
- If you want to be able to tell people "I went to a furry convention, once"
- REALLY, JUST ABOUT ANY REASON YOU CAN THINK OF! (As long as it isn't destructive in any way)
Furries aren't their stereotypes AT ALL, nowadays -- it isn't dramatic, it isn't all about "doing it in the suits" (those suits are WICKED EXPENSIVE and, even then, a large population of the community is asexual!), and it isn't a sweaty grossfest (I have never smelled body-odor at a furry event... however, the same can NOT be said for my experiences at other nerd-type conventions!)
No matter what your pre-concieved notions might be, I say it's always worth checking it out!
I had some pretty strong aversions to furries and wanted nothing to do with them but, as soon as I attended an event, I realized that it's just a bunch of totally normal (and delightfully internet-cultured) people!!WANT TO HELP THE CONVENTION?
(Or, are you just too poor to buy a full-weekend pass?)
for the event!!
If you're interested, either comment on the forum thread, SEND ME A NOTE here on DA, or send me an e-mail
that says you're interested, and I can give you all the details!
Seeya this weekend!!Peace~!